17 January, 2008

genesis or "the deflowering"

alas, i have given in to the urge to write it all down. as this is my first blog is feel compelled to divulge something about me. i'm not going to follow that impulse just yet. i can not see how it would make anything i have to type any more plausible or clear. i'd rather recall how much i love to write, read and most of all observe.
it snowed this morning whilst i was on a bike ride in NE portland, and i do believe i fell in love with every last flake as they attached themselves to my jacket and tyres. the delicate sort of snow that only falls when it is incredibly too cold. the cars stop carrying, street lights extinguish, elderly folks take the day off, addicts take a ciesta, professors phone it in. i was reminded of a time in my childhood when i shoveled my grandparents carport roof once weekly. four feet of frozen goodness at eight clams an hour is a swell time. pining for a break from the city, as i was, this was the perfect memory to revive my frozen bones.
likely i should end this thing before it turns into stream of consciousness hocus-pocus. i've already deleted enough of that.
L'Chaim!

No comments: